Welcome!

Welcome!

Hello to all volunteers, families, friends, and community members!

I am Alex the project supervisor for this exchange and I am excited to be working with you in some way or another in the coming months! The youth volunteers will be in Kingston from October 20 - December 21, 2014

We have a few events coming up in the community!
Nov 22 - Find us at various grocery stores in Kingston to donate to HIV/AIDS Regional Services
Nov 28 - Gender Safety Audit - Join us to survey a couple areas of Kingston and make recommendations on how we can better prevent gender based violence through environmental improvements

Dec 7 - Vietnam Day - Join us to celebrate our exchange, hear stories about what we have been up to, taste some Vietnamese cuisine and enjoy performances by the group members
https://www.facebook.com/events/768938266519022/

FIND US ON FACEBOOK HERE

Please contact me at aoneill@cwy-jcm.org
Info about Canada World Youth can be found at http://canadaworldyouth.org/

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Updates

Well folks, I still have some work to do building up information on here about hosting, work placements and community involvement but if you are curious I urge you to send me an email!

I have been postering and reaching out broadly to Kingston this past week and am excited to make more contacts and continue on Canada World Youth's successes in Kingston.

I am out of town for the next week for trainings with CWY on everything from policies and procedures to working with youth and host communities (both here and in Vietnam), so I may be a bit quiet, but I am still happy to get calls and emails. As for when I am back I will be actively looking for host families and work placements and looking to meet with past and new contacts in the community. As the theme of the project is health, and more specifically sexual health, HIV/Aids and gender issues (as it has been for the past 5 years in Kingston) I will be looking to connect with relevant organizations, many of which have worked with CWY over the past few years for work placements.

We are also interested in meeting/connecting with people or organizations that could work with us to get involved in various community events/activities/volunteer opportunities; or people with passions/hobbies/expertise that could be useful and interesting for our group. The group will have weekly educational activity days on a range of topics and you could be one of our resources :-)

I will also be looking to arrange meeting space in the coming weeks so am curious to hear about a great space you could offer us!

I would also love to come network/speak at any events/meetings you may have coming up so please get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment